I've written an academic book for lay people that biblically critiques the Creation Museum. While guiding readers through the Museum, the book is also an introduction into how to read the Bible in its ancient Near Eastern context. Available here.
Contents by chapter:
- What was Leviathan?
- Was Behemoth a Dinosaur?
- King James’ Unicorns
- Making Sense of Isaiah’s Flying Serpents
- Does Genesis 1:1 Describe the Absolute Beginning?
- Ancient Hebrew Heavenly Cosmology
- The Ancient Hebrew Conception of the Earth
- Eden: The Cosmic Mountain of God
- The Meaning of the Seven Days of Creation
- The Numerological Lifespans of the Patriarchs
- Animal Death Before the Fall
- Why the Holy Spirit isn’t Your Bible Commentary
- How Popular Views of Inspiration Protect Readers from Their Bible
- False Artifacts, Hoaxes, and Misinterpretations: Young-Earth Creationism’s Use of Dragon Legends
- Misuse of Flood Legends
- Cosmology and Traditional World Cultures